In today’s social media marketing landscape, Instagram has become an indispensable tool for businesses, influencers, and celebrities, providing a platform to connect with their audience and effectively promote their brands. However, the widespread popularity of Instagram has also made it a prime target for impersonators, fake accounts, and spam bots, posing a significant challenge for users. To address this issue and restore trust, Instagram introduced the verification badge—a powerful feature that helps users identify authentic accounts. This blog post will explore “How to get verified on Instagram?”
So, let’s get started with it.
What Does Instagram Verification Mean?
Instagram verification involves a process through which the platform verifies the authenticity of an account and rewards it with a special blue checkmark badge. This distinctive badge is prominently displayed next to the account’s username.
You’ve likely come across numerous accounts adorned with these verification badges, much like on other social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, and Tinder. These blue checkmarks provide assurance that the account in question has been confirmed by the platform, establishing its trustworthiness and verifying its true identity.
These verification badges serve as visual markers that help legitimate accounts stand out, allowing Instagram users to quickly identify and follow the genuine individuals or brands they intend to engage with. When seen in search results and on profiles, these badges catch the eye and convey a sense of authority and credibility.
Why Do You Need To Get Instagram Verified?
Here are four reasons why someone might want to get verified on Instagram:
The first thing it helps is establishing the authenticity of an account, which is particularly significant for accounts representing notable public figures, celebrities, or brands.
It also indicates to other users that the account is genuine, trustworthy, and deserving recognition. This additional level of credibility can attract more followers, collaborations, and business opportunities.
This feature is particularly crucial for public figures, celebrities, and brands, who are at a higher risk of being targeted by hackers, scammers, or competitors.
Verification is an additional security measure that can deter impersonators from creating fake accounts posing as individuals or brands.
The verification badge adds credibility to the account, making it harder for would-be impersonators to replicate.
This can increase the visibility of an account by making it more discoverable. Verified accounts are given priority placement in search results, which can increase the chances of being found by potential followers.
Additionally, verified accounts may be featured in Instagram’s “Suggested Users” list, providing additional exposure and attracting new followers.
Unlock Special Features
This provides exclusive access to various features that are not accessible to non-verified accounts.
For instance, verified accounts can use the Swipe Up feature on Instagram Stories, enabling them to include clickable links in their Stories. This feature is powerful for directing traffic to websites or other social media platforms.
It can also access valuable insights and analytics data about their followers and engagement rates. This information can help them better understand their audience and refine their social media strategy.
Five Steps To Get Verified On Instagram
Here are five steps to get verified on Instagram, explained in detail:
To be eligible for verification on Instagram, your account must meet specific criteria. These criteria include adhering to Instagram’s Terms of Service and Community Guidelines. In addition, your account must satisfy the following requirements:
- Authentic: Your account must represent a natural person, business, or entity. Instagram does not verify general interests or meme accounts.
- Unique: Your account must be the only one representing your brand or entity. You cannot have multiple accounts representing the same entity.
- Relevant: Your account must be complete, with a profile picture, bio, and at least one post. Your account must also be public, meaning anyone can see and follow your posts
Step 2: Submit A Verification Request
Once you have ensured that your account meets the eligibility requirements, you can submit a verification request to Instagram. To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to your profile and tap the three horizontal lines in the top right corner.
- Select “Settings,” then “Account,” then “Request Verification.”
- Enter your full name and attach a government-issued ID, like a driver’s license or passport, that shows your name and date of birth.
- If you’re requesting verification for a business, you’ll need to provide additional documentation, such as a tax return or utility bill.
- Submit your request.
Step 3: Wait For A Response
After you’ve submitted your verification request, you’ll need to wait for Instagram to review your application. This process can take several days or even weeks.
If Instagram approves your request, you’ll be notified that your account has been verified. If not, then you’ll be notified as no.
Step 4: Keep Your Account Updated
Once you have successfully obtained verification on Instagram, it is crucial to maintain an updated and active presence on your account. This involves consistently posting fresh and engaging content for your followers to enjoy.
It is essential to avoid periods of inactivity or a lack of meaningful interactions with your audience, as this may lead to Instagram revoking your verification status. Therefore, it is advisable to stay consistent and engaged to maintain your verified status on the platform.
Step 5: Be Patient
Finally, patience is essential throughout the verification process. Instagram receives thousands of verification requests daily, so it may take some time for them to review your application.
Remember that even if your account meets all the eligibility requirements, Instagram may still deny your verification request.
Here are a few Tips To Get Verified On Instagram
- Build a solid online presence: Building a solid online presence involves consistently sharing high-quality content across multiple social media platforms, and for that, you must be in touch with content marketing experts. Regularly posting valuable and engaging content increases your visibility and attracts a larger audience. This, in turn, improves your chances of getting verified on Instagram, as it demonstrates your influence and impact in the online space.
- Follow Instagram’s guidelines: To avoid any violations on Instagram, strictly adhere to their guidelines and policies. Failure to do so may result in penalties or the termination of your account. Stay informed about their rules regarding content, privacy, spam, and community standards to maintain a positive user experience and ensure the longevity of your account.
- Be a public figure: Instagram is more inclined to verify accounts that have a significant impact on the public, such as celebrities, politicians, and public figures. These individuals often attract a large following and generate widespread attention. Building a solid reputation and establishing yourself as a well-known personality is crucial to increase your chances of verification.
- Provide accurate information: Provide accurate information about yourself, including your full name, date of birth, and contact information. This will help Instagram verify your identity.
- Get media coverage: Getting coverage from news outlets, magazines, and other media can help boost your chances of getting verified on Instagram. Being featured in media outlets is a sign of credibility and can help to establish you as a public figure.
- Connect your social media accounts: Connecting your Instagram account to other social media platforms can enhance your online presence and establish authenticity. By linking your Instagram to platforms like Facebook or Twitter, you provide a network of connections and interactions that validate your identity. This verification can increase your credibility and trustworthiness among followers and potential collaborators. Additionally, cross-platform sharing allows for broader visibility and reach, boosting your overall online influence.
- Apply for verification: Go to your Instagram settings and click “Request Verification.” You must provide your full name, a copy of your government-issued ID, and any other relevant information.
Instagram Verification FAQs
Q1. Who can get verified on Instagram?
Instagram verifies accounts that are of public interest, such as celebrities, politicians, and public figures. However, any account that meets Instagram’s criteria for verification can apply for verification.
Q2. How long does the verification process take?
The verification process can take up to 30 days. Instagram will notify you once they’ve reviewed your application and will let you know whether or not you’ve been verified.
As of now, you might clearly understand how to obtain verification on Instagram. Instead of waiting for others to establish their brand, take the initiative to get verified and begin building your own brand today. By securing verification, you gain credibility and trust from your audience, enhancing your ability to shape and develop your unique brand identity. Don’t delay any longer; take action now and unlock the opportunities that come with being a verified account on Instagram.
If you still face any difficulties getting verified, please leave your questions in the comment section. We will be happy to answer you.
Thanks for reading 🙂