Content marketing is a vital strategy for companies to construct an authoritative online presence in today’s digital world. Crafting the correct types of content marketing is essential in any campaign since it helps your business formulate and share relevant material that resonates with potential customers.
So, In this guide, we’ll walk you through the 12 types of content marketing most likely to be used in 2023 and how you can leverage each type for maximum impact.
But first, let’s understand,
What Is Content Marketing?
Content marketing is a form of digital marketing that focuses on creating and sharing informative, valuable, relevant content to attract and retain customers.
Should You Use Different Types Of Content Marketing In Your Strategies?
The answer is yes.
Different types of content marketing can help businesses to achieve different goals, such as increasing website visits, converting leads, raising brand awareness, and more.
The various content marketing types can be a great way to engage with customers, showcase your brand’s expertise, and create a better online presence.
12 Types Of Content Marketing You Can Use In 2023
By incorporating these 12 types of content marketing into your strategy, you can create a diverse and engaging content ecosystem that drives awareness, builds credibility, and cultivates strong relationships with your audience in 2023.
It is the best way to showcase your expertise and attract potential customers. It’s been an essential tool for SEO, Social media marketers for many years, remaining one of the most popular methods to this day – plus, it’s inexpensive!
There are certain things to keep in mind while creating a blog, such as:
- Use Traffic Driving Keywords
- Focus on Quality Content
- Incorporate Graphics, Images, and Video
- Utilize Internal Linking, etc.
They are remarkable and visually-appealing ways to convey data or information that can absorb complex topics quickly. By merging text, diagrams, images, and more into a captivating visual presentation, infographics will leave your audience Fascinated about what you have to say!
They are helpful for SEO and can also be leveraged to acquire more backlinks and help your website rank higher in SERPs.
When creating infographics, consider the following:
- Select a topic that is relevant and interesting to your target audience.
- Collect relevant data, statistics, or information related to your topic.
- Structure the information in a logical flow, making it easy for viewers to follow.
- Transform the data and information into visual elements such as charts, graphs, icons, or illustrations.
- Ensure that the text and visuals are easily readable. Use appropriate font sizes, contrast between text and background, and legible colors.
- Guide viewers through the infographic by incorporating a narrative flow.
These are the most powerful content marketing tools (Animoto, Magisto), as they can convey a message in just a few seconds, and it’s been trending in recent years.
Investing in high-quality videos allows you to create brand awareness and engage with your customers effectively. It can also be used for product demonstrations, customer reviews, live Q&As, behind-the-scenes footage, the latest company updates, and more!
Video with different content formats, such as virtual reality and 360-degree videos, can grab the viewer’s attention even more.
When creating videos, it’s important to consider the following:
- Determine the purpose of your video, whether it’s to educate, entertain, inspire, or promote a specific product or service.
- Develop a script or outline that outlines the key points you want to cover in your video.
- Use relevant and high-quality visuals that align with your brand and resonate with your target audience.
- Tell a compelling story that captures the attention and emotions of your viewers.
- Ensure that the audio quality is clear and that any narration, music, or sound effects are appropriate and enhance the viewing experience.
- Include a clear call to action at the end of your video, such as subscribing to your channel, visiting your website, or engaging with your brand in some way.
This provides step-by-step instructions on solving complex problems or tasks that customers may face while using any particular product or service. Not only do these help you build trust with your customers, but they also educate them about the features or benefits of your product.
These can be in the form of articles, videos, or eBooks and can help customers understand how something works and provide them with valuable information about your product.
When creating guides and how-tos, it’s important to consider the following:
- Understand the needs and preferences of your target audience to create content
- Organize the content into clear and logical steps, making it easy for readers to follow along and implement the instructions.
- Incorporate visuals such as images, diagrams, or videos to enhance understanding and provide visual cues.
- Make sure the content is concise and focused, avoiding unnecessary jargon or complicated explanations.
- Consider the format of your guides and how-tos, whether it’s through blog posts, downloadable PDFs, or video tutorials
They are one of the most popular content marketing tools that allow you to showcase your expertise and establish brand authority in a specific niche or industry. These are an effective way to create leads and convert them into paying customers, as they’re more comprehensive than blog posts, articles, or emails.
Creating eBooks allows you to showcase your expertise, establish thought leadership, and capture leads by offering them as downloadable resources in exchange for contact information. They can be distributed through your website, email marketing campaigns, or as part of content marketing campaigns to provide comprehensive and valuable content to your target audience.
You can use these to highlight the features of any particular product or service, present case studies from customers who have benefited, explain how-tos, and much more!
Demonstrating your customer success stories is a powerful method to provide potential customers with an in-depth understanding of your product or service. This strategy helps showcase its worth and gain future clients’ trust.
But remember creating case studies without any results or evidence will waste time and resources. So, focus on customers who have seen results while using your product or service!
Things to keep in mind while creating a case study are:
- Establish the End Result
- Focus on the Problem and Solution
- Make Sure It’s visual
- Don’t Forget to Include a Call-to-Action, etc.
Customer Testimonials And Reviews
Most of the customers get impacted due to other customers’ positive reviews and testimonials. They help build trust and increase brand loyalty among your potential customers.
You can use these reviews and testimonials on your site, in promotional campaigns, on social media, etc. It provides a strong endorsement of your product or service from existing customers.
Some ways to get them are:
- Ask satisfied customers directly
- Monitor social media comments
- Promote customer feedback in the form of reviews and testimonials
These people are the new faces of content marketing. These individuals have built their presence on social media, and they can promote your products and services better than any traditional content marketing could.
Here’s a way to find influencers:
People love checklists as they are step-by-step guides, making tasks more accessible and straightforward. So, why not use checklists to help your customers better understand a particular topic?
This type of content works like a charm when educating customers about your product or service. You can also use checklists to help customers troubleshoot issues they may be facing.
There are certain things to consider while creating checklists for content marketing:
- Be specific
- Write in a simple language
- Break down the steps into smaller chunks
- Include visuals
Don’t get confused with ebooks, blogs post, and whitepapers. Whitepapers are more like detailed reports on topics filled with statistics and data you want to discuss or explain to your customers.
If your business aims to deliver detailed information about a subject or product, white papers are the perfect content structure. They contain more comprehensive research and data than any other format, making them an invaluable asset for providing in-depth knowledge.
Things to remember while creating whitepapers:
- Research and collect data
- use easy to read fonts
- Highlight the main points
These are entirely new forms of content marketing in this decade. They are simply pictures, videos, and GIFs with funny caption that expresses an idea or emotion. They don’t require substantial effort and can be used for various purposes.
These are generally used to attract more eyeballs, generate interest in your products or services, and build customer relationships. But make sure you don’t post anything offensive.
It’s the most preferred form of content as it’s created by users or customers who share their experience with your products and services. This content gets more traction as it looks more authentic.
You can use user-generated content in different ways, like sharing it on social media or in blog posts, reviews, etc. It also helps you get more organic reach and engagement from customers.
How to encourage user-generated content:
- Invite customers to share their experiences
- Make it easy for them to do so
- Offer rewards/incentives
Using all these content types in your marketing strategies might feel overwhelming. But the key is to pick those that fit best with your goals and objectives. And enjoy the content marketing journey!
If you still have any questions, then feel free to leave your question in the comment section. We will be happy to answer you.
Thanks for reading 🙂